Delicious pizza doesn’t have to take forever to make. Microwave pizza can be made in just a few minutes with minimal ingredients, and it’s better than you’d expect.
If you found this recipe, you’re probably looking to make pizza fast, so I won’t bore you with lots of details and backstory.
This pizza recipe reminds me of the Mama Celeste microwave pizzas many Americans will be familiar with. It’s not super crispy, and the cheese won’t brown, but it’s very tasty and relatively clean due to how few ingredients it uses.
Tip: Try using a Monterrey Jack cheese flavored with jalapeno for a super melty and slightly spicy pizza.
Tip: Place the finished pizza on a hot pan for 30 seconds for a crispy crust.
- 50 grams flour (5.5 tablespoons)
- 35 grams milk (2.3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Use a spatula to mix the ingredients until it's roughly combined, then transfer it to a clean counter.
- Continue to kneed the dough for about 2-3 minutes until it's relatively smooth and well incorporated.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean counter and roll the dough out with a rolling pin or wine bottle until it's about 6-7 inches in diameter.
- Transfer the flattened dough onto a sheet of parchment paper and poke several holes in it with a fork. This prevents the dough from inflating too much in the microwave.
- Microwave the dough for 40-45 seconds.
- Spread sauce, cheese and other toppings on the dough. Don't overdo it, just a bit of cheese and sauce works well.
- Microwave the topped pizza for an additional 30-35 seconds.
- Optional: Place the finished pizza on a hot pan for 15-30 seconds to add some crispiness to the bottom of the crust.